Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Library


I often come into the Library at my school to study and do homework, but today I went to actually check out a book. I tried to look around the bookshelves on my own for a bit. The overwhelming number of book titles and sections quickly had me confused, so I decided to ask for help at the Reference desk. I told the lady at the desk that I was doing a research project about the British Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade from years 1500 to 1640.  She seemed excited to help me. She showed me how to look up books on the library website, how to find the books, and how to navigate the online database. After she showed me everything I needed to know, I asked for her name (Jean), and thanked her. I then went and tried to look for a book, and I was successful. I checked out a book titled Sins of the Fathers: A Study of the Atlantic Slave Traders 1441-1807.



No comments:

Post a Comment